Friday, August 05, 2005

A Generous Tip

I hit level 60 a few nights ago, and it was anticlimactic, just finishing up some quests in WPL. I guess I'll start doing the big raids now?

What was exciting was that someone in IF was asking in tradechat for an engineer who could make an arcanite dragonling. I recently bought the recipe for 75g (a steal), so I messaged him saying I could. He didn't have mats, so he came to IF looking for them. It's not so easy to collect 8 arcanite bars on the spur of the moment, because each transmute has a 2-day cooldown, and arcane crystals go for about 18g a pop. So we said we'd be in contact after he collected the mats.

I log in the next night and he's mailed me saying he has mats. I mail him back saying sorry I missed him, and I'll try to be on at 11:15PM the next night.

Last night I log on at 11, and he msgs me right away. I meet him at the forge, and he asks if I'd ever made one myself. "No, I'm not that rich yet." He says, "Well, if you want to sell them for profit, you can't equip one ever." After a while I understand: each dragonling is BoE (soulbound) and unique, so if I have one equipped, then I cannot make another one, and I can't sell the one I have! I'd have to vendor-trash it (losing like 200g in the process) before I could make and sell more.

So he gives me mats to make the arcanite dragonling, using the soulbound mithril dragonling I already own. Evidently this is no problem. So I make it, and give it to him. Then he gives me mats to remake the mithril dragonling I used up. Then I remake and equip it. Then he gives me a tip of 50g!!!

He asks if we want to duel to try it out. I go ok, and we head outside the steps of Ironforge. But as he tries to equip it, he learns that it has a lev50 requirement! He is only level 46. So it'll take a while, but now he has something to look forward to. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home