Friday, October 24, 2008

I was not prepared (for patch 3.0)

I had saved up 700 bank slots full of herbs, but I had neglected to update my addons with beta-ready ones. As a result, my OneBag and OneBank were broken, as well as my Auctioneer, making it very difficult to organize and sell items while powerleveling Inscription. I stayed up till 3 doing it. I leveled Inscription on my bank alt Adze to partake in Minor Inscription research and learn more minor glyphs, since they are only available on a 20h cooldown.

It was a perfect storm of broken addons, wanting to sell at the AH, wanting to powerlevel Inscription, and wanting to play with the new talents in 3.0 I just didn't have enough time to do it all!. I won't make that mistake going into WotLK on 11/13. To eliminate spending time on the AH, I am not going to have any items going into wotlk, just gold. I am hoping to hit the gold cap (214.7k) by the expansion date. That will close one chapter in my play so I can cleanly move to another.

The pre-WotLK zombie invasion event this week had an interesting side effect of allowing trade across factions. That allowed me to bring my entire Horde treasury to the Alliance side, bringing my Alliance total to 198k.

My last gold update was on 7/11, in which I had 90k gold total. Since then I've earned nearly 110k gold over 3+ months, about 30k/month or 1k/day. At this rate, I will hit gold cap in 16 days, just a few days before WotLK. There is no more herb arbitrage to be done, but with Inscription I can now sell high-end enchants with a 100g markup. Oddly, epic gems are still selling well even though they will quickly become obsolete in the expansion. I am buying them for 200 and selling cut ones for 290 (with about a 15g AH fee).

I have an alt, Calvinn (69 enhancement shaman), in Knights of Good. That's the guild with players from the web show "The Guild." I'm hoping to raid Karazhan with them tonight. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home